Gardening with Native Plants - The Tour
May 20, 2013
- Not just another garden tour, Gardening with Native Plants – The Tour is a great opportunity to learn how to make your yard more environmentally friendly. Sponsored by Penn State Extension and Mid-Atlantic Ecological Landscapes (MAEscapes) five homeowners in York County will open their properties on Saturday, June 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and show you how they are using native plants to conserve water, reduce pesticide and fertilizer use and create habitat for wildlife.
MAEscapes Native Plant Fest & Sale
April 24, 2013
- If you would like to make your yard and gardens more environmentally friendly, be sure to join MAEscapes and the Penn State Master Gardeners for the Native Plant Fest & Sale, Saturday May 18th, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the York County Annex, 112 Pleasant Acres Rd, York, PA 17402.
From the Ground Up - Home Gardening Series 2013
March 25, 2013
- Beginners and advanced gardeners alike will learn some new techniques at the series of classes offered this year by the York County Master Gardeners.
“Legacy in Agriculture” to be Featured at the York County Agricultural Recognition Banquet
February 12, 2013
- The York County Agriculture Business Council announces the date of the 27th Annual Agricultural Recognition Banquet for Thursday, March 21, 2013 at the York Expo Center, Old Main Hall. The evening will begin with a social at 5:45 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. and program.
Applications Are Being Accepted for Master Well Owner Training
February 8, 2013
- Pennsylvania is home to over one million private water wells and springs but it is one of the few states that do not provide statewide regulations to protect these rural drinking water supplies. As a result, homeowners using a private well or spring must understand proper water supply management practices to ensure safe drinking water for their family.
Tech Storm 4-H Club is Highlighted in the York Dispatch
January 22, 2013
- Tech Storm 4-H Club's FIRST Lego League Team is featured in an article in the York Dispatch. This group has qualified for state level competition.