Safe Drinking Water Clinics Offered for Well Owners
October 3, 2013
- If you rely on a private well, spring, or cistern for your drinking water, you can learn about the basics of testing and protecting your private water supply during a two-hour Safe Drinking Water Clinic, sponsored by Penn State Extension and the Master Well Owner Network.
Come to Our Annual Meeting
September 27, 2013
- All York County residents are invited to attend the annual dinner-meeting of the York County Cooperative Extension Association. This will take place on Wednesday, October 30, beginning at 6 pm at the York County 4-H Center. After a brief annual business meeting of the Extension Association, there will be an audio-visual overview of the various extension programs, presentation of the annual award for Outstanding Extension Supporter and a guest speaker from Penn State Forest Resources on the topic entitled “The Return of the American Chestnut”. This is a wonderful example of an application of agricultural science providing a solution to a major plant disease problem of historic proportion. Contact the EXTENSION office to sign-up. Dinner tickets are $13.00 for adults, $6.50 for children 3-12 (no charge for children under 3).
York County 4-H Fair is Highlighted in a Local Newspaper
August 12, 2013
- Our York County 4-H Fair was highlighted in the York Daily Record.
Conservation Landscaping Field Day & Tour
July 3, 2013
- Mark your calendar now for the Pennsylvania Conservation Landscaping Field Day and Tour York County PA, Friday, August 23 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. For landscape architects, landscape designers, contractors, land planners and other professionals in the landscape design and installation field
Horse Pasture Evaluation Walk Announced
June 7, 2013
- Interested in improving the productivity of the grass in your horse’s pasture? You may want to attend a pasture walk on June 18 at the John Salisbury farm located at 4314 Davidsburg Road, Dover.
Gardening with Native Plants - The Tour
May 20, 2013
- Not just another garden tour, Gardening with Native Plants – The Tour is a great opportunity to learn how to make your yard more environmentally friendly. Sponsored by Penn State Extension and Mid-Atlantic Ecological Landscapes (MAEscapes) five homeowners in York County will open their properties on Saturday, June 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and show you how they are using native plants to conserve water, reduce pesticide and fertilizer use and create habitat for wildlife.
“Legacy in Agriculture” to be Featured at the York County Agricultural Recognition Banquet
February 12, 2013
- The York County Agriculture Business Council announces the date of the 27th Annual Agricultural Recognition Banquet for Thursday, March 21, 2013 at the York Expo Center, Old Main Hall. The evening will begin with a social at 5:45 p.m., followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. and program.
Applications Are Being Accepted for Master Well Owner Training
February 8, 2013
- Pennsylvania is home to over one million private water wells and springs but it is one of the few states that do not provide statewide regulations to protect these rural drinking water supplies. As a result, homeowners using a private well or spring must understand proper water supply management practices to ensure safe drinking water for their family.
Tech Storm 4-H Club is Highlighted in the York Dispatch
January 22, 2013
- Tech Storm 4-H Club's FIRST Lego League Team is featured in an article in the York Dispatch. This group has qualified for state level competition.