Record Harvest from Gardens at John Rudy Park
December 19, 2012
- A record harvest at the Gardens at John Rudy County Park resulted in a donation of 6231 pounds of fruit and vegetables to the York County Food Bank this year.
The York Daily Record Highlights the York County Local Food Summit
November 5, 2012
- Check out the article here!
Sundays with Sonnewald Featured the York County Local Food Summit
November 1, 2012
- Check out this episode of the radio show, Sundays with Sonnewald, which discusses the York County Local Food Summit.
Is it Safe to Dine Out if You Have a Food Allergy?
October 16, 2012
- Have you noticed the growing numbers of people who are faced with allergies to food? I don’t seem to recall many friends with food allergies growing up – perhaps we just weren’t very good about detecting them back then. If you suffer from a food allergy you may be apprehensive about whether you should eat out or not.
The York County Local Food Summit
September 17, 2012
- THE YORK COUNTY LOCAL FOOD SUMMIT to be held Nov 7 at 4H Center
Come to the York Fair and See 4-H on Display
September 5, 2012
- The York Fair runs from September 7-16th, 2012. When you visit the York Fair you can see 4-H and Extension just about anywhere you look.
Mosquitos in the News!
June 22, 2012
- Mosquitos will be bad this year. Check out this news update from abc27 and our own Tom Smith!
4-H at York Little Theater
June 6, 2012
- York County 4-H has a Farm Animal Learning Center at York Little Theater for their production of Charlotte's Web. Check out this video from the York Dispatch for more information!
4-H Community Garden in the News!
May 15, 2012
- The 4-H Community Garden made the York Dispatch! Check out the article here.
Water Resources Events to be Offered Locally
March 21, 2012
- If you have a pond or rely on a well, spring or cistern for your drinking water, we have events to interest you!
York County Mosquito Buzz
February 29, 2012
- The first edition of the "York County Mosquito Buzz" newsletter, published by Tom Smith, York County's West Nile Virus Program Coordinator and head of Keep York County Beautiful.
26th Annual York County Ag Recognition Banquet
February 7, 2012
- Tuesday, March 22, 2012 at Old Main Hall, York Expo Center. Social begins at 5:45 pm, dinner 6:30 pm.
Penn State Extension Pesticide Recertification Programs Scheduled in York County, PA
January 24, 2012
- Penn State Cooperative Extension – York County is providing free and low cost pesticide recertification programs. Programs offer a variety of classes for Private, Commercial and Public Licensed Applicators to attend and meet state requirements. Free programs are being offered on February 8, 2012 and March 15, 2012. Additional programs occur through the year. For more information about these and future programs, please view the events section of our website or the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture at www.paplants.state.pa.us and select Pesticide Programs. To register for the February 8, 2012 or March 15, 2012 programs, please contact Penn State Extension at 717-840-7408. Space is limited. Programs will be held at the York County Annex Building, 112 Pleasant Acres Road, York, PA 17402.
York Daily Record Editorial Spotlights the Illegal Dump Cleanup!
January 10, 2012
- The York Daily Record editorial, Jan. 9, 2012: "We got an interesting item last week from state Rep. Ron Miller, R-Jacobus. He forwarded a news release from the Penn State Extension, York County West Nile Virus program regarding a community cleanup in northern York County."