Scarves 4 Kids was a Success!
December 20, 2011
- Urban 4-H hosted a "Scarves 4 Kids" program at the Martin Library.
Snow Damage and Trees – Now What?
November 1, 2011
- If the recent storm caused damage to your trees, the following information may helpful
Extension Flood Recovery Resources
September 12, 2011
- Penn State Watershed Winds features a list of resources to help farmers and homeowners repair damage resulting from the recent flooding on the Susquehanna. For additional assistance with interpreting materials, contact your local Extension office.
Care for Your Well After Flooding
August 29, 2011
- There are some steps homeowners need to take to maintain well water safety if you experience a flooding event.
The Virginia Earthquake and Your Well
August 24, 2011
- The recent earthquake in Virginia shook nature's plumbing system, but should only have minimal impacts on area well water.
Gardens at PA State Governor's Residence Pollinator Certified
August 18, 2011
- Reacting to sagging populations of bees and other pollinators, members of Gov. Tom Corbett's staff recently sought and received Penn State Extension certification for the gardens at the Governor's Residence as "pollinator friendly."
York County 4-H Horse Roundup Results
August 17, 2011
- The results from the York County 4-H Horse Roundup were published in the York Dispatch.
Urban 4-H and Martin Library's Summer Reading Program
August 2, 2011
Residents Encouraged to Participate in Appalachian Bat Survey
July 6, 2011
- The Pennsylvania Game Commission is asking residents to participate in collecting bat maternity colony data this summer.
York County West Nile Virus Program becomes an affiliate of Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful
June 17, 2011
- The program will work with volunteer groups, municipalities and community partners to clean up illegal dump sites. Education programs will be offered to encourage positive behaviors toward community improvement.
Welcome Summer Assistants!
June 10, 2011
- Please join us in welcoming our three summer assistants. Sarah Doyle and Alicia Hoke with be working with the 4-H Department and Anna Hummel will be assisting Marcia Weber with Family and Consumer Sciences.
Protect Water Quality - Clean up!
June 7, 2011
- From the Watershed Winds Newsletter, Tom Smith writes about the impact of litter in the landscape.
York County 4-H Coordinator Retiring After 37 Years
May 23, 2011
- Roxanne Price, the 4-H Coordinator in York County, is retiring in June after 37 years of service!
Think Spring, Think Rain Gardens
May 18, 2011
- Flowers blooming, butterflies fluttering, and gardens thriving - it's a perfect time to plan your rain garden!
Safe Drinking Water Education
May 17, 2011
- Safe drinking water workshops educate residents with private water supplies.
York County Planning Commission announces Integrated Water Resources Plan
February 28, 2011
- The York County Planning Commission has embarked on an effort to take the Water Resources Plan component of the County Comprehensive Plan to "the next level." This effort will provide County stakeholders with a resource which will guide the restoration and protection of County's water resources.