Scarves 4 Kids was a Success!
December 20, 2011
- Urban 4-H hosted a "Scarves 4 Kids" program at the Martin Library.
December 16, 2011
- Attention all gardeners: this year's GardenWise will be held on March 10, 2012 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm at the York County School of Technology
Newberry Twp. and Goldsboro Borough Illegal Dumpsite Cleanups Scheduled
December 8, 2011
- December 17th is the date for the Stillhouse Road and Railroad Street illegal dumpsite cleanup efforts in Newberry Township and Goldsboro Borough. The cleanup is being organized by Keep York County Beautiful.
Snow Damage and Trees – Now What?
November 1, 2011
- If the recent storm caused damage to your trees, the following information may helpful
Extension Flood Recovery Resources
September 12, 2011
- Penn State Watershed Winds features a list of resources to help farmers and homeowners repair damage resulting from the recent flooding on the Susquehanna. For additional assistance with interpreting materials, contact your local Extension office.
York Fair 4-H Entry Deadline Extended
September 7, 2011
- ATTENTION York County 4-Hers!!!! Due to inclement weather, the hours for entering 4-H projects in the York Fair have been extended to Thursday, September 8 from 9 am to noon. Please spread the word!
Care for Your Well After Flooding
August 29, 2011
- There are some steps homeowners need to take to maintain well water safety if you experience a flooding event.
The Virginia Earthquake and Your Well
August 24, 2011
- The recent earthquake in Virginia shook nature's plumbing system, but should only have minimal impacts on area well water.
Gardens at PA State Governor's Residence Pollinator Certified
August 18, 2011
- Reacting to sagging populations of bees and other pollinators, members of Gov. Tom Corbett's staff recently sought and received Penn State Extension certification for the gardens at the Governor's Residence as "pollinator friendly."
York County 4-H Horse Roundup Results
August 17, 2011
- The results from the York County 4-H Horse Roundup were published in the York Dispatch.
Urban 4-H and Martin Library's Summer Reading Program
August 2, 2011
York County 4-H Fair
July 28, 2011
- The theme for the 2011 4-H Fair is “Everyone Wins With 4-H”, and we are planning to showcase many of the different opportunities that 4-H provides. See over 700 projects that have been made by our members. You can also watch the different 4-H Animal Shows – check schedule for days and times.
4-H Volunteer Gala Held
July 12, 2011
- York County held a 4-H volunteer gala in June.
Residents Encouraged to Participate in Appalachian Bat Survey
July 6, 2011
- The Pennsylvania Game Commission is asking residents to participate in collecting bat maternity colony data this summer.
York County West Nile Virus Program becomes an affiliate of Keep Pennsylvania Beautiful
June 17, 2011
- The program will work with volunteer groups, municipalities and community partners to clean up illegal dump sites. Education programs will be offered to encourage positive behaviors toward community improvement.
The Grand Opening of the 4-H Community Garden
June 16, 2011
- The 4-H Community Garden in York City held its grand opening on June 14th. 4-H Urban Educator, Tia Underkoffler, offered the opening remarks in this video about the garden and what it means to the York community.
"The Equine Envelope" has moved to a blog!
June 15, 2011
- The Southeast Regional Animal Science Team recently moved their newsletter, "The Equine Envelope", to a blog! All newsletter articles from now on will be posted here, and we'll even post some additional articles in between issues. Click here to check it out!
Welcome Summer Assistants!
June 10, 2011
- Please join us in welcoming our three summer assistants. Sarah Doyle and Alicia Hoke with be working with the 4-H Department and Anna Hummel will be assisting Marcia Weber with Family and Consumer Sciences.
Tastes of York
June 7, 2011
- Join us at the Tastes of York to be held at Spoutwood Farm in Glen Rock on June 18 from 10 am to 4pm.
Protect Water Quality - Clean up!
June 7, 2011
- From the Watershed Winds Newsletter, Tom Smith writes about the impact of litter in the landscape.
York County 4-H Coordinator Retiring After 37 Years
May 23, 2011
- Roxanne Price, the 4-H Coordinator in York County, is retiring in June after 37 years of service!
4-H Community Garden Dedication
May 18, 2011
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: June 14th, 11:00 am 234 S. Pershing Ave. York, PA 17401 Dedication by Mayor C. Kim Bracey
Think Spring, Think Rain Gardens
May 18, 2011
- Flowers blooming, butterflies fluttering, and gardens thriving - it's a perfect time to plan your rain garden!
Safe Drinking Water Education
May 17, 2011
- Safe drinking water workshops educate residents with private water supplies.
York County Planning Commission announces Integrated Water Resources Plan
February 28, 2011
- The York County Planning Commission has embarked on an effort to take the Water Resources Plan component of the County Comprehensive Plan to "the next level." This effort will provide County stakeholders with a resource which will guide the restoration and protection of County's water resources.