How to Quit Tobacco: Help in Westmoreland County
- Pregnant women and their partners, who reside in Westmoreland County, can learn to quit smoking, in-person or by phone, free of charge and are eligible for the Diaper Incentive Program when they quit. Call 1-888-NO-HABIT for details.
Programs Open To The Public:
Excela Health: Latrobe, Frick and Westmoreland Regional Hospital
Ready to Quit? Group sessions with a facilitator trained in smoking cessation.
- FREE. Pre-registration required. Call 724-537-1615 for dates and times. Latrobe Area Hospital Conference Room 4th Floor New Building and community sites.
- Smoking Cessation Support Group: FREE "Meet Me" telephone support line for recently quit former tobacco users. Telephone line open from 6:30-7:30 PM, 4th Tuesday of each month. Call 724-689-1891.
Penn State Extension:
- FREE "How to Quit Tobacco" classes and information: Call 1-888-664-2248
- Adult in-person or telephone counseling
- Worksite programs for businesses
On-line and self-help:
- American Lung Association: Freedom From Smoking is an adult cessation program available on their website or call 1-800-LUNGUSA.
Healthy Lungs Pennsylvania: 1-800-220-1990
- "Getting Ready to Quit" - a free one-session program
- "21-day Personal Reduction Program" - a free program
- Determined to Quit
- National Quitline: 1-800-Quit-Now