Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
What We Do in Westmoreland
Free Help to Quit Tobacco
- How to Quit Tobacco: Learn the 4 D's
- How to Quit Tobacco: Classes in SW Pennsylvania
- Facts about Spit and Chewing Tobacco
- Talk to Someone in Person: Call 1-888-NO HABIT. Whether calling for yourself or someone you care about, we can help.
Secondhand Smoke: Keep Us Healthy
Information for Businesses
- On-site "How to Quit" classes for employees. Call 724-837-1402 or email Vickie Oles for details.
- Clean Indoor Air
Youth Leadership and Community Activities
Teens Against Tobacco Use (T.A.T.U.) is a research based education and leadership program for youth and their adult leaders. The program is designed to help teens develop strong leadership skills while positively influencing younger children and peers to live tobacco-free.
Facilitators help teens develop and practice effective teaching skills.
Teens create and present a tobacco-free message to youth, peers and community leaders.
- Young Lungs at Play - a program to help communities create tobacco free parks, playgrounds and recreational areas for children.
- Mini-Grants (application) to help groups develop tobacco free programs during:
- Ribbon Week
- The Great American Smokeout
- Through with Chew Week
- Kick Butts Day
- World No Tobacco Day Essay Contest