Tobacco Prevention & Cessation
What We Do in Westmoreland
Free Help to Quit Tobacco
- How to Quit Tobacco: Learn the 4 D's
- How to Quit Tobacco: Classes in SW Pennsylvania
- Facts about Spit and Chewing Tobacco
- Talk to Someone in Person: Call 1-888-NO HABIT. Whether calling for yourself or someone you care about, we can help.
Secondhand Smoke: Keep Us Healthy
Online resources to help you quit tobacco
Call 1-800-QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
Smoke Free Housing
For free information to develop a smoke free policy or to list your smoke free building here, contact email@example.com.
Information for Businesses
- On-site "How to Quit" classes for employees. Call 724-837-1402 or email Vickie Oles for details.
- Clean Indoor Air
Youth Leadership and Community Activities
- Teens Against Tobacco Use (T.A.T.U.) - Facilitators help teens develop and practice effective teaching skills.Teens create and present a tobacco-free message to youth, peers and community leaders.
- Young Lungs at Play - a program to help communities create tobacco free parks, playgrounds and recreational areas for children.
- Mini-Grants (application) to help groups develop tobacco free programs during:
- Ribbon Week
- The Great American Smokeout
- Through with Chew Week
- Kick Butts Day
- World No Tobacco Day Essay Contest