Learning How To Launch Rockets & Respect the American Flag Typical 4-H Fare
December 9, 2011
- The 4-H program is all about people sharing, doing and learning together.
"Better Safe Than Sorry" Message of Foodborne Illness Workshop for Nonprofits
December 7, 2011
- Chestnut Ridge Fire Company in Cook Township hosted 21 nonprofit volunteers eager to learn how to safely prepare and serve food for the masses.
Tractor Roll-over Protection Program
September 8, 2011
- A program launched earlier this year by Penn State's College of Agricultural Sciences aims to put rollover protective structures (ROPS) on hundreds of tractors to save lives of farmers. Through the ROPS Retrofit program, farmers can be reimbursed 70% of the cost of a ROPS kit - a roll bar and seatbelt- up to $765.
Pennsylvania Communities are Champions for Young Lungs at Play.
August 16, 2011
- Smoking kills more people than alcohol, AIDS, car crashes, illegal drugs, murders and suicides combined—and thousands more die from other tobacco-related causes—such as fires caused by smoking (more than 1,000 deaths/year nationwide) and smokeless tobacco use. Children are particularly vulnerable to the poisons in secondhand smoke.
New Fruit Pest Found In Pennsylvania
August 11, 2011
- As Penn State researchers warned earlier this year, a new pest of grapes, berries, and tree fruit has made its way into Pennsylvania fruit orchards.
Sixth Graders Bare Their Soles!
July 25, 2011
Child Care Director's Breakfast and Professional Development Session
May 23, 2011
- 29 Westmoreland County directors accepted the personal invitation from Better Kid Care.
Month of the Young Child
May 2, 2011
- On Saturday April 9th approximately 90 early care and education practitioners had the opportunity to attend 2 of seven sessions offered that day.
April 21, 2011
- On Saturday March 12th, Better Kid Care, in collaboration with The Peoples Library in New Kensington, offered a professional development session for 21 early care and education practitioners.
Enriching the Student's Educational Experience Through 4-H
April 20, 2011
- “Learn by doing” has always been the 4-H motto and that’s exactly how over 1,100 Westmoreland students studied Embryology and Physics through the 4-H School Enrichment projects in the 2010-2011 school year. The curriculum is adjusted to fit the needs of a wide age range.
Travel-All 4-H Club Visits Veterans
April 13, 2011
Food Safety Certification Training Can Ensure A Happy Ending
March 22, 2011
- Black and Gold Snacks and More owner Linda Lewandowski knew someone in her Mount Pleasant Township store was obliged to take a class on food safety practices.
Counselors Wanted - Apply Now
March 17, 2011
- Teen Counselors are needed for the SW Regional 4-H Camp
PROSPER Helps Families Build Strong Family Relationships
February 14, 2011
- PROSPER is a model for bringing evidence-based prevention programs to schools and communities with the goal of strengthening families, building youth skills, and reducing youth substance use as well as other problem behaviors. PROSPER programs are led by community teams made up of representatives from Penn State Cooperative Extension, school district personnel, representatives from ...
Food Safety Act 106 of 2010
January 20, 2011
- Act 106 of 2010 - Raising the Bar for Food Safety in Pennsylvania. Click on our EVENTS area to find the nearest ServSafe Food Safety course to keep you certified.