Penn State Extension Offers Business Planning Course for Ag Entrepreneurs
December 30, 2013
- What is an entrepreneur? Do I have the skills necessary to become an entrepreneur? Your Future in Focus course instructors will guide you through business plan writing so that you can turn your farm or food business dreams into reality.
Visions Federal Credit Union Supports 4-H
December 23, 2013
- Susquehanna County 4-H was recently presented with a very gracious donation from Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions Federal Credit Union has a branch office on Route 706 in Montrose.
Friends of Susquehanna County Inc. Support 4-H
December 13, 2013
- The Friends of Susquehanna County, Inc. recently presented Susquehanna County 4-H Educator Abby Onyon with a very generous donation for the Susquehanna County 4-H Program.
Susquehanna County 4-H Achievement Night Held
November 25, 2013
- Susquehanna County 4-H held its Annual 4-H Achievement Night and Leaders Recognition Celebration at Mountain View High School, on November 9th.
How to Interpret Water Test Results Program to be Held in Choconut
September 23, 2013
- Participants will learn how to understand water test reports, as well as drinking water standards, chain-of-custody, various water test parameters, and comparing test results with standards.
Penn State Extension to Offer Food for Profit Class In Montrose
August 26, 2013
- Penn State Extension’s Food for Profit, is a one-day workshop to help you work through the maze of local and state regulations, food safety issues, and business management concepts that all must be considered in setting up a commercial food business.
Penn State Master Gardener Training Offered in Montrose
August 21, 2013
- Penn State Extension in Susquehanna County will be offering the Penn State Master Gardener Training this fall in Montrose at their 88 Chenango Street office. The Adobe Connect training will be held each Thursday evening from 6:00-8:30 pm beginning October 3 and continuing through late February.
Shale Mineral Management for the Landowner Program in Dimock
July 11, 2013
- This workshop is a must for landowners who are receiving royalty payments or are involved in an active unit and want to have a better understanding of how their royalty payments are calculated and factors considered in the determination of payment.
Penn State Extension to Hold Canning and Freezing Classes
July 9, 2013
- Learn how to can or freeze fresh foods at a class offered by Penn State Extension. You will find useful information whether you are new to preserving or want to update your knowledge.
Summer Child Care Workshops
June 3, 2013
- Two new workshops are being offered this summer for family and professionals who take care of children. Sign up now and add six hours of training credits for the year.
Rotary Helps Support 4-H Community Garden
May 8, 2013
- The Susquehanna County 4-H program, through the generosity of the Montrose Rotary Club, was recently awarded a grant to begin a 4-H Community Garden in Montrose! The 4-H Community Garden will be planted at the Penn State Extension Office on 88 Chenango Street in Montrose.
Penn State Extension to Participate in “Taste of Country” Event
April 17, 2013
- Penn State Extension in Susquehanna County will participate in the Pickering’s Farm, Home and Garden’s first annual “Taste of Country” field day to be held Saturday, May 18th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The event will be held in the lawn area of Pickering’s located at 1554 Snake Hill Road, Thompson, Pa.
Backyard Poultry Production Workshop
April 15, 2013
- This workshop to be held Wedesday, May 29th in Gelatt is designed for the novice; it will give you the basic information needed to begin raising poultry for egg production or meat bird production.
Susquehanna County 4-Hers Judge Their Way to the Top
April 15, 2013
- On March 23rd, seven Susquehanna County 4-Hers took place in Penn State University’s Spring Dairy Judging Contest. Though it was very cold, Susquehanna County had a “hot” day, and brought home several top awards!
Parenting "Tweens" and Teens
March 15, 2013
- or "Who Are You and What Did You Do with My Baby?"
Penn State Extension Welcomes Abby Onyon as New 4-H Educator!
February 12, 2013
- Penn State Extension in Susquehanna County is happy to announce that Abby Onyon will be serving as the new 4-H Educator! Abby is from New Milford and has a long history with the Susquehanna County 4-H program. She was a 10 year 4-H member and is currently a seven year volunteer 4-H leader with the North Jackson Ag 4-H Club.
Local Residents Invited to Participate in Cancer Prevention Study
January 28, 2013
- Residents of northeastern PA have an unprecedented opportunity to participate in a historic study that has the potential to change the face of cancer for future generations. Men and women between the ages of 30 and 65 who have never been diagnosed with cancer are needed to participate in the American Cancer Society’s Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3).
Penn State Grape Disease and Pest Management Workshop in Montrose
January 17, 2013
- Note: This program is designed for Pennsylvania’s commercial grape growers. The Grape IPM workshop is held each spring to review the disease and pest season from the previous year and look ahead to growing defect-free fruit in 2013.
Penn State Extension to Offer Food for Profit Class
January 14, 2013
- Have you ever been told that your favorite homemade bread, or salsa, is “good enough to sell?” Do you have additional fruit or vegetables from your farm or home garden that you would like to make into a commercial product?
Parenting Teenagers (or "Who Are You and What Did You Do with My Baby?")
January 7, 2013
- Sometimes parenting a teenager feels like trying to nail gelatin to a wall. The changing dynamics of parents and older children can present new and stressful challenges. Come to this class, which will answer your most burning questions and help bring peace back to your household.