Rotary Helps Support 4-H Community Garden
May 8, 2013
- The Susquehanna County 4-H program, through the generosity of the Montrose Rotary Club, was recently awarded a grant to begin a 4-H Community Garden in Montrose! The 4-H Community Garden will be planted at the Penn State Extension Office on 88 Chenango Street in Montrose.
Matthew Stahl Memorial Fund Supports 4-H Youth Dairy Program
May 7, 2013
- John and Rachel Stahl, Montrose presented Abby Onyon, Susquehanna County 4-H Extension Educator with a check in the amount of $875 on Saturday, April 27, 2013 in honor of their late son, Matthew Waldron Stahl. The check is a result of a perpetual memorial fund established in Matthew’s name with the Community Foundation of the Endless Mountains.
Penn State Extension to Participate in “Taste of Country” Event
April 17, 2013
- Penn State Extension in Susquehanna County will participate in the Pickering’s Farm, Home and Garden’s first annual “Taste of Country” field day to be held Saturday, May 18th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The event will be held in the lawn area of Pickering’s located at 1554 Snake Hill Road, Thompson, Pa.
Backyard Poultry Production Workshop
April 15, 2013
- This workshop to be held Wedesday, May 29th in Gelatt is designed for the novice; it will give you the basic information needed to begin raising poultry for egg production or meat bird production.
Susquehanna County 4-Hers Judge Their Way to the Top
April 15, 2013
- On March 23rd, seven Susquehanna County 4-Hers took place in Penn State University’s Spring Dairy Judging Contest. Though it was very cold, Susquehanna County had a “hot” day, and brought home several top awards!
Parenting "Tweens" and Teens
March 15, 2013
- or "Who Are You and What Did You Do with My Baby?"
Penn State Extension Welcomes Abby Onyon as New 4-H Educator!
February 12, 2013
- Penn State Extension in Susquehanna County is happy to announce that Abby Onyon will be serving as the new 4-H Educator! Abby is from New Milford and has a long history with the Susquehanna County 4-H program. She was a 10 year 4-H member and is currently a seven year volunteer 4-H leader with the North Jackson Ag 4-H Club.
Local Residents Invited to Participate in Cancer Prevention Study
January 28, 2013
- Residents of northeastern PA have an unprecedented opportunity to participate in a historic study that has the potential to change the face of cancer for future generations. Men and women between the ages of 30 and 65 who have never been diagnosed with cancer are needed to participate in the American Cancer Society’s Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3).
Penn State Grape Disease and Pest Management Workshop in Montrose
January 17, 2013
- Note: This program is designed for Pennsylvania’s commercial grape growers. The Grape IPM workshop is held each spring to review the disease and pest season from the previous year and look ahead to growing defect-free fruit in 2013.
Penn State Extension to Offer Food for Profit Class
January 14, 2013
- Have you ever been told that your favorite homemade bread, or salsa, is “good enough to sell?” Do you have additional fruit or vegetables from your farm or home garden that you would like to make into a commercial product?
Parenting Teenagers (or "Who Are You and What Did You Do with My Baby?")
January 7, 2013
- Sometimes parenting a teenager feels like trying to nail gelatin to a wall. The changing dynamics of parents and older children can present new and stressful challenges. Come to this class, which will answer your most burning questions and help bring peace back to your household.