Time to Download the 2017 Spray Record-Keeping Spreadsheet
Posted: March 7, 2017
You'll find the spreadsheet at the Penn State Extension Tree Fruit Production website. This year we updated our introductory sheet, extended the pivot table to include farm costs, and added over double the amount of pages. Outdated products, including Belt, Calypso, Carzol, Clutch, Thionex, Tourismo, Adamant, and Serenade Ma were removed, and we added 17 products including Rescue Wasp Trapstick, Suppress, Matratec, Ultor, Previsto, Actgard, Aprovia, Luna Sensation, and Rhyme to name a few.
Use with a Season-Long Integrated Pest Management Plan
The spray record-keeping spreadsheet should be used with a season-long integrated pest management plan. Talk to your Penn State Extension educator if you need help building one.
A nice way to review the principles of IPM is to view a new Penn State Extension Video on IPM in Orchards. The video is also available in Spanish.
General Instructions for Use
- Begin with the tab labeled "Background Info" and fill in Grower Name, Grower Number, Farm Information and Applicator Information.
- The tabs named "Apples," "Peaches," "Cherries" and "Pears" are for recording your sprays.
- Make an entry each time a product is used in the field by clicking the tab for the crop you wish to record. For each application, fill in columns in blue.
- Skipping a line before recording your next spray will create an easier to read form.
- Always read and follow the pesticide label.
Please email us with missing items or ideas for improving the spreadsheet!