Share

Delaware Township Gardens

The Smith-Harker Community Garden contains the Perennial Border, Herb Garden, Butterfly Garden, and Vegetable Garden that were developed in partnership with Delaware Township Municipal Officials.

The Community Garden is on Wilson Hill Road, across from the Delaware Township Municipal Building, in what was formerly the Smith family garden.

The Community Garden is named after the Smith Family, a prominent local farming family, and Kitty Harker, who farmed a modest family homestead on land cleared by her grandparents in 1842.

The Smith-Harker Community Garden commemorates both the rich agricultural history of the township and the pioneering spirit of early settlers.