Montgomery County Master Gardener Volunteer Scholarship
The Montgomery County Master Gardener Volunteers have established a scholarship to help support Montgomery County residents studying for careers in the horticulture industry. The application is available in January and deadline for submission is March 3rd, 2014.
The scholarship is awarded in May in the amount of up to $1,000.00.
The 2014 scholarship application is available in January, 2014.
To apply the student must:
- Be a resident of Montgomery County, PA.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate or post-grad in horticulture or a horticulture related field at an accredited college or university.
- Or be enrolled in a recognized horticultural certificate program
(i.e. Longwood Gardens, etc).
- Or working in an internship or traineeship at a botanical garden or arboretum.
- To be used for upcoming year.
- Submit high school transcript (freshman only). College transcripts for undergrad and graduate students. (transcripts may be copies)
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation using attached form. (One letter preferably should be from one of your major professors or supervisor).
Questions about the Master Gardener Scholarship?Contact Linda Hoade, Montgomery County Master Gardener Coordinator