Indiana Community Garden
The Indiana Community Gardens project seeks to create a healthy and enjoyable community movement through planting, harvesting, cultivating, educating, cooking and sharing of knowledge and ideas. Together, all aspects of community gardening will be promoted, explored and implemented.
Project support provided by The Penn State Extension Master Gardeners of Indiana County. The garden is located on ground provided by The Mack Foundation. In addition, the project is led by a group of volunteers having connections with various organizations such as Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) Clubs and Departments, The Indiana Garden Club, The Evergreen Garden Club, and the Indiana Art Association.
- To increase access to fresh food by building communal and individual plots
- To acquire or purchase all the resources necessary to garden
- To provide a series of workshops on gardening, cooking, canning
- To promote personal learning by sharing experience and knowledge
- To build links with various communities
- To develop opportunities for volunteer activities
- To use sound ecological practice while gardening
- To inform the residents of the community garden’s events