- Scholarship in the amount of ____________ will be awarded.
(Scholarship will be up to $1000.00)
- Number of awards will be based on previous year’s income.
- A student may reapply if he/she is not awarded a scholarship.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Must be a resident of Erie County.
- Be a student who is enrolled in a horticulture program, environmental science, landscape architecture and/or design at an accredited institution. Correspondence courses are not eligible, unless it is an accredited online horticulture course.
- Submit a scholarship application postmarked no later than midnight of the stated deadline of July 2, 2014.
- Submit a transcript of grades and classes completed from the horticulture program, landscape architecture and/or design or high school transcript.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from one of your personal references (not including a relative) in addition to the attached recommendation form.
- Submit any other information the applicant feels pertinent (in typed format), Applicant’s statement of intent, etc.
- Complete face-to-face interview with selection committee.
Basis for Selection
- A selection committee will be made up of three Certified Master Gardeners in good standing.
- Consideration will be given to transcript of grades.
- Consideration will be given to applicant’s statement.
- Consideration will be given to any correspondence received from Certified Master Gardeners in good standing, professors, references, etc.
- The committee will bring recommendations back to the Executive Board for final approval.
Notification of Disbursement
- Recipients will be notified by August 4, 2014.
- A check will be sent to the dean of appropriate school to be cosigned by school and recipient upon enrollment.
Funding of Scholarship Program
The scholarship will be funded by:
- Monies obtained from plant sales and other fundraisers.
- Grants and/or gifts to the Erie County Master Gardeners