What are the qualifications for Master Gardeners?
- Strong interest and knowledge in horticulture as evidenced by scoring a minimum of 80% on a final exam administered by Penn State Extension.
- Willingness and availability to undertake extensive training in horticulture.
- Dedication and willingness to perform the required hours of volunteer service for Penn State Extension.
- Ability to communicate in an effective, diplomatic and professional manner with others by telephone, personal contact, group contact, and in writing.
- Willingness to support Penn State Extension staff in providing Extension audiences with unbiased, research-based consumer horticulture information.