General Cultural Controls
- Remove, burn, or bury all dead and diseased wood.
- Remove fruit mummies from within the tree and from the orchard floor.
- Remove all rotted fruit from within the tree and dispose of it.
- Do not let new terminal growth extend beyond 1 to 1.5 feet per year.
- Cultivate. Do not let sod grow within 3 feet of the tree trunk.
- Keep trees openly pruned to facilitate better drying conditions.
TitleGeneral Cultural Controls
This publication is available in alternative media on request.