Spring Garden Series: Companion Plants (Northampton County)
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)April 3, 2017, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Add to calendariCal
Each class costs $8
We are offering a discount to those enrolling in all four classes! The discounted price is $25!
- You may mix and match Lehigh and Northampton County dates and locations.
- Check the dates you want under Registration Fees.
- Check the $25, ALL FOUR option at the bottom.
- Make your check payable for $25.
Northampton County (Monday Evenings)
2 Gracedale Avenue, Nazareth, PA 18064
Lehigh County (Tuesday Evenings)
Penn State Lehigh Valley
2809 Saucon Valley Road, Center Valley, PA 18034
- Northampton County: Monday, April 3, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Lehigh County: Tuesday, April 4, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Did you know that plants can benefit each other when they are planted together? Some believe the flavor of tomatoes are enhanced when they are interplanted with sweet basil. This class will look at companion plant combinations and how they can be used in the home garden. Specific vegetable combinations will be discussed.
Other Classes in the Spring Garden Series
"Forgotten" Small Fruit from the Old World
- Northampton County: Monday, March 27, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Lehigh County: Tuesday, March 28, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Red and black currants, gooseberries, and elderberries were once grown in home gardens across northeast Pennsylvania, but now they have virtually disappeared. However, they do well in this climate, are easy to grow and can be used in many ways, from eating them raw to jams, jellies, and preserves. Learn how to grow and tend to these small fruits!
Transitioning to Organic Gardening
- Northampton County: Monday, March 27, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Lehigh County: Tuesday, March 28, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Native Plant Garden Design for Small Spaces
- Northampton County: Monday, April 3, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Lehigh County: Tuesday, April 4, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
This program will include practical design tips and examples featuring native plants for small residential spaces. Participants will be invited to create a design for their own small space using resources and templates that Kate will provide. This program is open to all, but will be basic and requires no garden design experience.
To register, call 610-391-9840 to request a brochure or download a copy of the registration form.