Lebanon County - Backyard Gardeners Winter/Spring Programs
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)May 7, 2013, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
What is the “Backyard Gardeners” Program?
The “Backyard Gardeners” program is a vegetable study group covering basic to advanced gardening skills following the gardening calendar. The study group is a project of the Master Gardener program in Lebanon County, which is a component of the educational and outreach program of Penn State Extension in Lebanon County and the College of Agricultural Sciences. The study group is open to all. Presentations are research based. The focus for the annual program of study is determined by the Backyard Gardeners committee of Master Gardeners, with input from participants’ written suggestions. Attendees may attend any number of the meetings in a series.
Growing and exhibiting prize-winning vegetables can be a fun activity—a feather in your cap, perhaps. You may even win a ribbon and some prize money. Learn how to grow and select prize-winning vegetables for exhibit. What makes a good exhibit? How will your veggies be judged? In addition to information from Master Gardeners, a representative from the Lebanon Area Fair will be present to inform us about rules and pre-entry, etc. Even if you don’t plan to enter the 2013 Fair, you will learn tips about how to grow and harvest top quality vegetables for your family.
- Registration Form
- The cost is $5.00 per class, per person
- Please return your payment and registration form to the above address
- NO REFUNDS given after each class registration deadline. Please register one (1) week prior to the scheduled class
Other Classes Offered:
- Tuesday, January 8 ~ Getting Started In Vegetable Gardening
- Tuesday, February 5 ~ Seed Starting
- Tuesday, March 5 ~ Spaghetti Gardening
- Tuesday, April 2 ~ Gardening with Kids
- Soil Test Kits may be purchased prior to the class for $9.00 each. Please include with your registration payment (refer to registration form). They will be at the class with your name on them.
- The Agricultural Analytical Services Testing Lab (click here)