Lebanon County - Backyard Gardeners Winter/Spring Programs
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)April 2, 2013, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
What is the “Backyard Gardeners” Program?
The “Backyard Gardeners” program is a vegetable study group covering basic to advanced gardening skills following the gardening calendar. The study group is a project of the Master Gardener program in Lebanon County, which is a component of the educational and outreach program of Penn State Extension in Lebanon County and the College of Agricultural Sciences. The study group is open to all. Presentations are research based. The focus for the annual program of study is determined by the Backyard Gardeners committee of Master Gardeners, with input from participants’ written suggestions. Attendees may attend any number of the meetings in a series.
Kids can learn so much from gardening! Learn about using kid-friendly plants, how to use your cabbage crop to teach basic chemistry, cooking and nutrition activities, and even how to help your kids help others through gardening. We will supply age-appropriate activities for gardeners ages 3-teen. Instructors will be Master Gardeners who have been classroom teachers and/or parents who garden with their children.
THIS IS NOT A CLASS FOR CHILDREN; attend if you are a parent, grandparent, teacher, 4-H or Scout leader, babysitter or anyone who wants make the most of a child’s gardening experience.
- Registration Form
- The cost is $5.00 per class, per person
- Please return your payment and registration form to the above address
- NO REFUNDS given after each class registration deadline. Please register one (1) week prior to the scheduled class
Other Classes Offered:
- Tuesday, January 8 ~ Getting Started In Vegetable Gardening
- Tuesday, February 5 ~ Seed Starting
- Tuesday, March 5 ~ Spaghetti Gardening
- Tuesday, May 7 ~ How to Get Your Vegetables Ready for the Fair
- Soil Test Kits may be purchased prior to the class for $9.00 each. Please include with your registration payment (refer to registration form). They will be at the class with your name on them.
- The Agricultural Analytical Services Testing Lab (click here)