Pennsylvania Five Acre Corn Club
- Identify the field and harvest class at the time of entry
- There are five regions across the state that represent different production zones. See the map of the regions below on the website for the counties included on each region.
- Fill out the PA Corn Club Harvest form and send it in before the due date with the entry fee.
- A corn club entry must be from a field at least five acres in size of one corn hybrid that is commercially sold in Pennsylvania. Where a field is split into multiple contour strips, the strips can be combined to total at least five acres.
- The club is open to any Pennsylvania corn producer who is 14 years or older as of July 1 of current year. Only one entry is allowed for an individual. Entries are limited to two per farming operation.
- Yields will be obtained from an area that totals 1.25 acres. The harvest area cannot include the outside 4 rows of the field or the end rows of the field. To sample a field the entrant will harvest one pass, then skip a pass and then harvest another pass until the required 1.25 acres is harvested. If a re-check is required (see #8), the skipped rows and enough additional adjacent rows to make 1.25 acres must be left standing until the re-check is done.
As it is the intent to encourage and simplify participation in both the Pennsylvania Five Acre Corn Club and NCGA contest, a entry for the National Corn Growers Contest will be accepted as an entry for the Pennsylvania Five Acre Corn Club provided that:
- The entry fee for the PA Corn Club has been paid
- A copy of the harvest report form for the NCGA contest including a signature of the harvest supervisor is submitted
- Section 1 of the PA Corn Club Harvest form is completed and submitted
Important: Participation in the PA Five Acre Corn Club does not change the rules that must be followed for the NCGA contest if you harvest the same field for both. (i.e. minimum field size, one single field, harvest pattern).
This file contains the results of the Pennsylvania Corn Club for 2016
This year was yet another in a string of record years for the producers in the 5 Acre Corn Club.
2014 Five Acre Corn Club Results
2013 Five Acre Corn Club Results
This was a great year again for many corn club members, who achieved some of their highest yields in their career. It was also rewarding for those of us who participated in the yield checks to be part of such successful examples of crop production.
Results from Corn Club programs since 1998 are available here.