Time to Kick Some Butts!
March 13, 2013
- March 20, 2013 is Kick Butts Day, a day of activism that empowers youth to stand out, speak up and seize control against Big Tobacco at more than 1,000 events across the United States and around the world.
How Does Your Garden Grow?
March 13, 2013
- Spring time is gardening time and the Penn State Master Gardeners of Monroe County are here to help you plan and prepare your garden to start growing. On Saturday, March 23, 2013 an educational program entitled “How Does Your Garden Grow” will be held at the Monroe County Public Safety Center, 100 Gypsum Road, Stroudsburg PA 18360.
Course in Community Planning Starts March 13, 2013
March 7, 2013
- This 3-session program is designed to educate planning commissioners and elected officials on how to carry out their responsibilities under the PA Municipalities Planning Code (MPC).
Get Fit with Penn State Extension and DEW
March 5, 2013
- Everyone can benefit from being active. Physical activity can lengthen life by lowering the risk of heart attack, chronic disease, stress, anxiety and depression; not to mention increasing muscle strength, bone mass and more.
ServSafe and Cooking for Crowds Food Safety Courses Being Offered
February 19, 2013
- A ServSafe Food Protection Certification Course will be offered in March on the border of Pike and Wayne Counties, and again in May in Monroe County. A Cooking for Crowds Workshop will be offered in March in Monroe County.
Toss Your Hat in the Ring Workshop Postponed
January 28, 2013
- Due to the inclement weather the workshop scheduled for January 28 in Stroudsburg PA has been postponed to January 31, same time, same location.
Toss Your Hat in the Ring Registration Deadlines Extended
January 25, 2013
- The deadlines for the Toss Your Hat in the Ring Workshops in Monroe and Wayne Counties have been extended.
Thank You . . .
January 11, 2013
- to everyone that donated food for the Milford Food Pantry. Karin Krauss of Forgotten Fields Farmstand donated 200 pounds of potatoes and 4 boxes of apples.