Ready - Set - Grow Stronger!
December 31, 2013
- Throughout most of our evolutionary history, we’ve spent a lot of energy to get food, find shelter and simply survive. Calories in - calories out. With no concept of "working out;" their lifestyle was a workout.
Growing Stronger Exercise Program Starting October 22
October 10, 2013
- The first session of a Growing Stronger Exercise Program (Strong Women/Strong Men) will be held on October 22, 4:45 – 5:45 PM, at the Pike County Administration Bldg., 506 Broad St., Milford, PA 18337.
Subdivision & Land Development Course for Local Planning Officials
September 26, 2013
- The review of subdivisions and land developments is an important part of local municipal planning commissions, which impacts how our communities look. Penn State Extension, as part of the PA Municipal Planning Education Institute, will be conducting a Course in Subdivision & Land Development on October 15, 22 and 29, 2013 from 6:00 to 9:30 PM at the Monroe County Extension office, 724 Phillips St., Suite 201, Stroudsburg PA 18360.
Bulb Growing Workshop on September 28, 2013
September 10, 2013
- Daffodils are easy to grow, deer resistant, and their bright colors in early spring chase away winter’s gloom.
Land Use: Reinventing the Commercial Corridor Workshop on October 1, 2013
September 10, 2013
- Join Penn State Extension and Randall Arendt, Senior Conservation Advisor at Natural Lands Trust, for an evening workshop that describes and illustrates re-development strategies to create mixed-use centers from existing highway strips.
Certificate of Appreciation
June 17, 2013
- Penn State Extension’s tobacco treatment program is grateful for the support provided by the Pocono Lake Region Chamber of Commerce.
Spider Day in the 4th Grade
June 11, 2013
- Mrs. Kuttenberg’s class at Dingman Delaware Elementary School in Dingmans Ferry, PA show off the spider models that they created as part of the recent American Readers Theater “Charlotte’s Web” project in the fourth grades.
Concern Over Number of Tobacco Retailers
June 7, 2013
- Josh Edelman and David Burns, Delaware Valley High School seniors, and members of Teens Against Tobacco Use (TATU) recently met with Representative Mike Peifer to explain survey results from community members on their opinions of the growing number of tobacco businesses operating between Matamoras and Milford.
Home Canning Workshops
June 7, 2013
- Many people today are interested in growing and/or buying local foods and want to preserve them for use throughout the year. “Yes I Can” is an introductory workshop providing today’s recommendations on how to safely can seasonal garden produce and specialty items.
Growing Stronger Exercise Program Starting in July
June 7, 2013
- The Growing Stronger Exercise Program (Strong Women/Strong Men) will be held in two different locations in Milford PA 18337 beginning in July. The focus is on strength training, diet and exercise in a class setting. Individuals are educated on the effects of diet and exercise on bone health and bone mass to prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
Time to Kick Some Butts!
March 13, 2013
- March 20, 2013 is Kick Butts Day, a day of activism that empowers youth to stand out, speak up and seize control against Big Tobacco at more than 1,000 events across the United States and around the world.
Course in Community Planning Starts March 13, 2013
March 7, 2013
- This 3-session program is designed to educate planning commissioners and elected officials on how to carry out their responsibilities under the PA Municipalities Planning Code (MPC).
Get Fit with Penn State Extension and DEW
March 5, 2013
- Everyone can benefit from being active. Physical activity can lengthen life by lowering the risk of heart attack, chronic disease, stress, anxiety and depression; not to mention increasing muscle strength, bone mass and more.
ServSafe and Cooking for Crowds Food Safety Courses Being Offered
February 19, 2013
- A ServSafe Food Protection Certification Course will be offered in March on the border of Pike and Wayne Counties, and again in May in Monroe County. A Cooking for Crowds Workshop will be offered in March in Monroe County.
Toss Your Hat in the Ring Workshop Postponed
January 28, 2013
- Due to the inclement weather the workshop scheduled for January 28 in Stroudsburg PA has been postponed to January 31, same time, same location.
Toss Your Hat in the Ring Registration Deadlines Extended
January 25, 2013
- The deadlines for the Toss Your Hat in the Ring Workshops in Monroe and Wayne Counties have been extended.
Thank You . . .
January 11, 2013
- to everyone that donated food for the Milford Food Pantry. Karin Krauss of Forgotten Fields Farmstand donated 200 pounds of potatoes and 4 boxes of apples.