Become a Master Gardener in Carbon, Monroe or Pike County
Posted: August 21, 2012
Trainees join fellow Master Gardeners to staff the Garden Hotline and help with one or more programs where hands-on sessions or talks are held for youth, adults, or seniors.
The 2012 Master Gardener training course is scheduled for Tuesdays, 1:00 to 4:00 PM, from October 2 to January 29 (excluding 3 holiday weeks) in Carbon, Monroe or Pike counties at the following locations:
- Carbon: Emergency Management Building, 1 Emergency Lane, Nesquehoning, PA 18240
- Monroe: Penn State Extension office, 724 Phillips St, Suite 201, Stroudsburg PA 18360
- Pike: Pike County Conservation District Building, Exit 30 off of I-84, in
Blooming Grove (Hawley) PA 18428
Applicants will be scheduled for a pre-test and an interview as part of the selection process. If accepted into the program, there is a fee of $175.00 ($50.00 will be refunded upon completion of first 50 hours of service) to cover the Master Gardener manual, training expenses, and other program expenses. Once training begins, the fee is nonrefundable if you choose not to continue. Penn State programs are open to all, and scholarship assistance may be available in cases of financial or other hardship.
Interested? For an application, contact Penn State Extension:
- Carbon County Extension at 570-325-2788 or CarbonExt@psu.edu;
- Monroe County Extension at 570-421-6430 or MonroeExt@psu.edu; OR
- Pike County Extension at 570-296-3400 or PikeExt@psu.edu.
- An application can also be found here.
The application should be completed and returned by Friday, September 7, 2012.