Drinking Green Tea with Starchy Food May Help Lower Blood Sugar Spikes
November 19, 2012
- An ingredient in green tea that helps reduce blood sugar spikes in mice may lead to new diet strategies for people, according to Penn State food scientists.
Support and Caring Can Help
August 1, 2012
- Does your loved one use tobacco? It can be a touchy and difficult subject to talk about. Sometimes, a well-timed word or event can get the ball rolling.
New Start Farming Publications Available
July 27, 2012
- Tianna DuPont, a sustainable agriculture educator from Penn State Extension, with the assistance of other Penn State professionals, has developed a series of publications to promote good farming practices.
Two-Hour Tuneup Training
July 27, 2012
- If you’ve ever attended a meeting that did not accomplish its business, then Two-Hour Tune-ups offered by Penn State Extension may be for you. Whether it’s a staff, congregational, committee, or community meeting, there are lots of tools that will make those meetings more effective.
Welcome to the Pocono District
July 10, 2012
- You may have heard - 2012 began a new era for Penn State Extension.
Penn State Extension Launches New Online Beekeeping Course
July 3, 2012
- Beginner and experienced beekeepers and those thinking about taking up backyard beekeeping can get the information they need to be successful from Beekeeping 101, a new online beekeeping course offered by Penn State Extension.
Drinking Water Testing at Penn State Extension
July 2, 2012
- Residents who use a private water system such as a well spring or cistern should get their water tested on a regular basis.
Pre-drill Water Quality Data Demonstrates the Importance of Private Water Supply Testing (Part 2)
May 23, 2012
- Many people with a private water well have never or seldom have their well water tested. Pre-drilling water testing provides homeowners with useful information on their water wells as well as helpful research data. This link will take you to the second part of a 2 part article.
Pre-drill Water Quality Data Demonstrates the Importance of Private Water Supply Testing (Part 1)
May 23, 2012
- Many people with a private water well have never or seldom have their well water tested. Pre-drilling water testing provides homeowners with useful information on their water wells as well as helpful research data. This link will take you to the first part of a 2 part article.
Spring Cleaning - In The Freezer
April 9, 2012
- With spring upon us, this is a good time for spring cleaning - in the freezer that is.
Spring Tobacco Treatment Programs
March 16, 2012
- The program includes counseling, support and nicotine patches.
Food: Strategies for Growing Enough for Everyone
February 23, 2012
- Food: Strategies for Growing Enough for Everyone - The 2012 Penn State Lectures on the Frontiers of Science. The series’ theme is food production.
Beginning Vegetable Gardening Course Starts Feb 7 in Wayne Co
February 2, 2012
- Did you know that the average vegetable garden produces over $400 worth of fresh, healthy vegetables in one season? With a little education, knowledge, and guidance, you will be growing your own vegetables this summer. Don’t be afraid! You can do it! Use the link below to get the details.
Penn State Extension Tobacco Cessation Program Podcast
January 10, 2012
- Penn State Educator Debbie Albrecht talks about the expansion of the Pike County tobacco treatment program into Wayne County with Donna Decker, Community Health Educator for Wayne Memorial Hospital.
Online Training for New Master Well Owners Starts February 6, 2012
January 5, 2012
- Those interested in learning more about private water wells, springs and cisterns can be trained by Penn State Extension as part of the Master Well Owner Network (MWON).