Worker Protection Standard
EPA's WPS is a regulation aimed at reducing the risk of pesticide poisonings and injuries among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers. The WPS offers protections to over three and a half million people who work with pesticides at over 560,000 workplaces. The WPS contains requirements for pesticide safety training, notification of pesticide applications, use of personal protective equipment, restricted entry intervals following pesticide application, decontamination supplies, and emergency medical assistance.
- Protecting Workers, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Farm Worker Protection Safety Program, Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health
- Worker Protection Standard, Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry
- Worker Protection Standard Materials, Clemson University
- Worker Protection Standard Checklist
- Worker Protection Standard for Agricultural Pesticides, Penn State Pesticide Education Program