Pesticide Storage Security
Pesticide applicators and dealers must be aware of how their pesticides and pesticide application equipment are stored. Also, they must consider the security of their storage areas to guard against unauthorized use that could have tragic consequences.
The following is a list of resources that have information about pesticide storage and security.
Fact Sheets and Worksheets
- Pesticide and Fertilizer Storage and Handling, Pennsylvania Farm-A-Syst: Farm Evaluation System
- Pesticide Storage and Security, The Pennsylvania State University
- Pesticide Storage Security, University of Maryland
- Security of Chemicals in the Pesticide and Fertilizer Industries: A Primer for Retailers, Disbributors, Wholesalers, and End-Users, Agricultural Retailers Association, CropLife America, and The Fertilizer Institute
- Site Security Guidelines for the U.S. Chemical Industry, American Chemical Council, Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association, and the Chlorine Institute
- Transportation Security Guidelines for the U.S. Chemical Industry, American Chemical Council, CHEMTREC®, the Compressed Gas Association, the National Association of Chemical Distributors, and the Chlorine Institute
Security Information Websites
- Chemical Emergencies: Emergency Preparedness and Response, CDC
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, Department of Homeland Security
- Knowing and Understanding Potential Security Threats, EPA
- Ag Aviation Security Measures, National Agricultural Aviation Association