Pesticide Storage Security
Pesticide applicators and dealers must be aware of how their pesticides and pesticide application equipment are stored. Also, they must consider the security of their storage areas to guard against unauthorized use that could have tragic consequences.
The following is a list of resources that have information about pesticide storage and security.
Fact Sheets and Worksheets
- Pesticide and Fertilizer Storage and Handling, Pennsylvania Farm-A-Syst: Farm Evaluation System
- Pesticide Storage and Security, Penn State Pesticide Education Program
- Pesticide Storage Security, University of Maryland Pesticide Education and Assessment Program
- Site Security Guidelines for the U.S. Chemical Industry, American Chemical Council, Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association, and the Chlorine Institute
Security Information Websites
- Chemical Emergencies: Emergency Preparedness and Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, Department of Homeland Security
- Knowing and Understanding Potential Security Threats, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency