Tomato Leaf Roll
July 17, 2012
- Q: The leaves on my tomato plant are curling upward. I’ve never seen this before. What’s happening to my plant?
Pa. Preservation Board protects nearly 2,400 acres of farmland
July 2, 2012
- HARRISBURG, Pa. — The Pennsylvania Agricultural Land Preservation Board protected 2,389 additional acres on 28 farms from development through the state’s nationally recognized farmland preservation program.
Beware of Hot Hay — Marvin Hall, Penn State Forage Specialist
June 4, 2012
- This time of year, farmers often know the hay they are baling is wetter than they’d like, but they are taking a chance, hoping to save a better-quality product versus letting the rain cause the crop to deteriorate in the field. Unfortunately, moist hay can quickly become hot hay which can ignite through spontaneous combustion.
Tree Planting Tips
April 20, 2012
- Let’s say you want to plant a tree this spring. Perhaps the beauty of spring-flowering trees has inspired you, or perhaps you need to replace a tree damaged by the Halloween snow last fall. But do you know the right way to plant a tree?
Soil Testing FAQs
March 8, 2012
- Now that spring is in the air, many people have been stopping in to the Extension office to purchase a soil test kit. Here are answers to some frequently-asked questions about soil testing.