2011 NACAA AM/PIC Recognition in Communications and Programs
Posted: September 13, 2011
Amber Yutzy was recognized as a national Achievement Award Recipient. Mena Hautau and Craig Altemose were recognized as national Distinguished Service Award Recipients. All three of these members will also be recognized at the Fall Association Meeting. Carol Schurman was the national winner of the Agriculture Awareness and Appreciation Award.
In Search for Excellence of Programs, PACAA was well represented. Emelie Swackhamer's team program "Estimating and bidding for profitablity of landscape installation companies" was the national winner for Search for Excellence in Landscape Horticulture. Tianna Dupont's team program "Start Farming, the PA Beginning Farmer and Rancher Program" was the national winner for the Search for Excellence in Young, Beginning, or Small Farmers/Ranchers. Amber Yutzy's and Rob Goodling's team entry "Dairy Reproduction Trainings: Reproductive Essentials and Reproductive Drill-Down Workshops" was a national finalist for Search for Excellence in Livestock Production.
The majority of an extension educator’s job is disseminating research based information to their clientele (the other part of the job is filling out paperwork). The quality of our work was on full display at the 2011 AM/PIC in Overland, Kansas as eight individuals were recognized for their effort. All national winners, national finalists, regional winners, their spouses/guests and state communications chairs and their spouses were invited to the Communications Awards Luncheon on Tuesday, August 9, 2011.
- Published Photo and Caption National Winner, Emelie Swackhamer
- Feature Story Regional Finalist, Melanie Barkley
- Team Newsletter National Finalist, Linda Wiles
- Individual Newsletter Regional Finalist, Carol Schurman
- Web Site National Finalist, Tianna Dupont
- Video Regional Finalist, John Rowehl
- Computer Generated Graphics Regional Finalist, Rob Goodling
- Fact Sheet Regional Finalist, David Messersmith
- Personal Column Regional Finalist, Rob Goodling
- Learning Module Regional Finalist, Rob Goodling, Amber Yutzy