Research: In the Works
Production and Management Issues:
On this page we present some of the "whys and wherefores" behind the projects underway now and in the future. The following titles list the areas of primary concern:
- Insects & Pests
- Invasive Weeds
If you wish to review the results of trials related to these areas, please select Research Results within the Navigation Menu.
- Clover Cover Crop Varieties & Subsequent Strawberry Production (2005–06)
- Evaluations of Winter Annual Cover Crop Combinations in Rotation before Watermelon, Cantaloupe & Tomatoes (2006–07)
- Evaluation of Red Clover Cover Crops & Impacts on Strawberry Production (2006–07)
- Spring Seeded Cover Crop Demonstration (2007)
- Row Covers & Control of Squash Bug and Cucumber Beetle in Winter Squash Varieties (2007)
- Spring Buckwheat & Sweet Corn Demonstration (2007)
Individual reports for each of these trials can be found under separate headings in the sections of the "Research Results" pages of the On-Farm Research Web site. Included in these reports is a general description of the soil for the trial, and summaries and analyses of data collected during the growing season.