4-H Partners with Weed and Seed
September 30, 2011
- Northampton County 4-H offered programming at Easton Weed and Seed's Summer Nights in the Park.
Northampton County 4-H'ers Succeeded at State Achievement Days
September 30, 2011
Mold and Mildew Solutions Available
September 8, 2011
- If you've been struggling with excess water in your home or business these past few weeks, then you may also have mold or mildew.
Producers Get a Crash Course in Social Media
July 7, 2011
- Unlike other Extension programs, where an educator stands in front of a class and lectures, participants got their hands dirty, sort of, and tried their best to make a blog, set up a Facebook page and speak the lingo of a “Tweet.”
Managing Weeds Ecologically, while NOT Breaking your Back
June 20, 2011
- ‘Introduction to Organic Vegetable Production’ students gathered at The Seed Farm this past Saturday to learn common weeds and how to exploit aspects of the weeds’ ecology to manage the weeds organically. Representatives from Green Heron Tools, LLC, explained the body mechanics and ergonomics necessary to get the job done without breaking your back.
Un-Raising the Roof
June 6, 2011
- 20 Beginning farmers learned how to remove greenhouse plastic and many other details of Teena Bailey's passive solar set-up at Red Cat Farm. Wendy Gloffke, Penn State Extension Master Gardener, shares some of the day's highlights in this blog from the Mcall.com.
Organic Vegetable Production Students Learn Seeding and Transplanting
June 3, 2011
- 20 Beginning, diversifying, and prospective farmers learned how to start farming organic vegetables on Saturday May 28 at The Seed Farm in Lehigh County.
Piecing Together the Equine Parasite Puzzle
May 3, 2011
- The common method of reducing parasite infections in horses until recently was to rigorously deworm horses every six to eight weeks. Resistance to drug classes is increasing and cases of resistant parasites are now being reported worldwide
Local government offices in search of candidates
February 8, 2011
- Many local municipal offices go begging for candidates to fill them. You can play a positive role in your community by running for office in the primary