Government Agencies and Permits

Helpful agency information for pond owners including a Drawdown permit, and an Herbicide Application permit.

Information on the role of various agencies and permits that may be required for construction or maintenance of earthen ponds.

If you use any aquatic herbicide on your pond to control algae or aquatic plants, you must first obtain a state permit.