Pond Management Home Study Course
Who Should Sign Up?
The course is intended to help owners of earthen ponds (generally larger than one quarter acre in size) better manage their pond or lake. You can learn more about the topic areas covered in the course on the Course Content page. Please note: this course is NOT intended for owners of backyard, landscape or garden ponds (typically much smaller than one quarter acre and often measured in gallons).
What's In It For Me?
For a complete listing of the course materials, go to Course Content.
- You will learn to assess your pond
- You will understand pond ecology
- You will learn how to maintain your pond
- You will learn how to identify aquatic plants and algae and how to control them
- You will learn about pond fisheries
- You will learn how to attract and manage wildlife
How Does The Course Work?
Lessons are emailed bi-weekly for six weeks to each course participant. The first lesson is usually mailed during the first week of April. Read the bi-weekly lesson materials (found at Course Content) and then complete the online worksheet for each Lesson. Each online worksheet will also allow you to ask specific questions about your pond and received personalized comments from the course instructors.
Fees and Registration
The cost for the course is $35.