Additional Natural Resource and Environmental Issues Websites
Below are additional websites that deal with natural gas development and natural resources and environmental issues.
- Pennsylvania Land Trust Association - The Pennsylvania Land Trust Association has a webpage where additional Natural Gas information can be found at Conservationtools.org
- Impacts to USDWs by Hydraulic Fracturing of Coalbed Methane Reservoirs
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) studied the impacts to underground safe drinking water by hydraulic fracturing of coalbed methane reservoirs. The above link provides the major documents prepared.
- State Oil and Natural Gas Regulations Designed to Protect Water Resources The above link evaluates the regulatory frameworks within which the state oil and gas regulations operate in protecting water.
- Modern Shale Gas Development: A Primer
This primer was commissioned through the Ground Water Protection Council (GWPC) in an effort to provide sound technical information on and additional resource development activity, and environmental protection, especially water resource management. The GWPC is the national association of state ground water and underground injection agencies whose mission is to promote the protection and conservation of ground water resources for all beneficial uses.
- Policy Facts on Hydraulic Fracturing
Hydraulic fracturing fact sheet from the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Environmental Benefits of Advanced Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Technology
The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Fossil Energy report focusing specifically on advances in exploration and production operations
Penn State's School of Forest Resources deals with various environmental issues pertinent to natural gas exploration