Renewable Energy Academy
Renewable Energy Academy is a series of three hour programs that cover topics on renewable and alternative energy technology. Participants learn about the opportunities to curtail the use of traditional fossil fuels by utilizing technologies such as solar, wind, geothermal, small scale hydro, bio-mass and bio-gas. Installation, operation, regulatory, system economics of various technologies will be explored.
These workshops are presented at the Westmoreland County Extension office:
214 Donohoe Road, Suite E
Greensburg, PA 15601
If you cannot attend in person, we also broadcast the events over the internet.
Contact Ed Johnstonbaugh, email@example.com
- September 27, 2012 - Intro to Solar Photovoltaic Systems for home & business
- December 6, 2012 - Geothermal Heating and Cooling technologies for home and business
- February 28, 2013 (postponed from January 31. 2013) - Applied Energy Efficiency for Homes & Business
- April 29, 2013 (NEW DATE) - Biomass CHP for Industry & Institutions
- May 30, 2013 - Applied Biogas Technology for Heat & Generation
- July 25, 2013 - Small Scale Hydro Applications for Farms, and Business
- September 26, 2013 - Wind Energy Systems for Homes & Business
- December 5, 2013 - Renewable Liquid Biofuel Technologies and their applications
Note: class topic & date are subject to change - check the event announcement (click on the event's name in the schedule above) to confirm.
Registration for Renewable Energy Academy is done online. To register for an event, click on the title of the event you would like (from the list above), and then click on "register" (some events may not have the registration system activated yet).