Penn State Extension and Delaware Valley College Partner in Cover Crop Field Day
December 4, 2012
- The Crop Management Team recently completed their tenth cover crop field day during the month of November at Delaware Valley College in Doylestown.
Montco fresh-food network grows invaluable
September 12, 2012
- In the last two years, the Cultivating Communities Campaign (CCC) - a network of community gardens, food pantries, soup kitchens, nutrition educators, and service groups - has handed out nearly 17,000 pounds of produce through 16 distribution sites in the North Penn/Indian Valley area of central Montgomery County.
Montgomery County 4-H Fair:The Skippack Blogger Gets A Taste of the Country
August 9, 2012
- For kids who are active in Montgomery County 4-H, this fair is the culmination of the 4-H project year. It is their chance to show families, friends, and we-the-people what they have achieved as 4-H members.
"A vote for straw" - Straw Bale Gardening
August 3, 2012
- This unusual growing system is not only thriving, but public proof that "you don't need 40 acres to grow vegetables" - right in the middle of the parking lot at the Montgomery County Penn State Extension office.
Mom’s Morning Out at the 4-H Fair: Freezing Summer’s Bounty
July 26, 2012
- Fresh produce is wonderful and bountiful during these warm summer days, but what can you do to save some of this bounty to have during the cold winter months ahead?
Mobile Ag Ed Science Lab teaches kids about farming
July 22, 2012
- Science is hitting the road in style with the eye-catching Pennsylvania Farm Bureau’s Mobile Ag Ed Science Lab.
Penn State Extension to Offer Food for Profit Class
April 30, 2012
- Guiding food entrepreneurs through the initial steps to start a business, this workshop combines educational presentations, guest speakers and a highly interactive learning environment.
2012 Summer Food Preservation Hands-on Workshops
April 27, 2012
- Remember those delicious home canned goods that Grandma used to put up from her backyard garden?
Beginning Farmers Learn the Basics at Living on a Few Acres
April 26, 2012
- Thirty five participants from five counties in Southeast Pennsylvania attended the Living on a Few Acres (LOFA) program over a seven week period this spring.
Prepare for Earlier Hay Harvest This Year
April 26, 2012
- The above normal temperatures this spring has sped up the maturity of the hay fields.
DelVal Students Assist in Cover Crop Experiment
April 25, 2012
- Planting an overwintering cover crop sequesters nitrogen, holding it for the next growing season and preventing leaching into ground water.
4-H Bee Club Members are...Busy as Bees!
March 21, 2012
- This year the 4-H beekeeping club is working on pollinator friendly certification for their garden outside the 4-H center.
Are You Ready For the Master Gardener Plant Sale?
March 14, 2012
- It's time to start planning your garden - and the Master Gardener Plant Sale on May 19th is the perfect place to get your plants!
Intro to Soils a Big Success!
March 12, 2012
- For three evenings in February, beginning farmers got their hands dirty.
Become a Weather Observer!
February 28, 2012
- Do you like weather? Do you get excited about the weather forecast?
2012 Late Spring Babysitting Classes
February 28, 2012
- The 4-H Babysitting Course is designed to help prepare young teens to babysit.
Videos show versatility, benefits of PA apples
February 22, 2012
- During the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention in Hershey, the Pennsylvania Apple Marketing Program unveiled its series of ''Apple Minute'' videos to convention goers.
2012 4-H Snow Ball Dance!
February 3, 2012
- Hosted by Montgomery County 4-H Teen Council
2012 Straw Bale Garden Grant Available Now!
January 30, 2012
- Penn State Extension in Montgomery County is once again offering a mini grant to organizations working with youth and gardening.