Penn State Extension and Delaware Valley College Partner in Cover Crop Field Day
December 4, 2012
- The Crop Management Team recently completed their tenth cover crop field day during the month of November at Delaware Valley College in Doylestown.
Montco fresh-food network grows invaluable
September 12, 2012
- In the last two years, the Cultivating Communities Campaign (CCC) - a network of community gardens, food pantries, soup kitchens, nutrition educators, and service groups - has handed out nearly 17,000 pounds of produce through 16 distribution sites in the North Penn/Indian Valley area of central Montgomery County.
Montgomery County 4-H Fair:The Skippack Blogger Gets A Taste of the Country
August 9, 2012
- For kids who are active in Montgomery County 4-H, this fair is the culmination of the 4-H project year. It is their chance to show families, friends, and we-the-people what they have achieved as 4-H members.
"A vote for straw" - Straw Bale Gardening
August 3, 2012
- This unusual growing system is not only thriving, but public proof that "you don't need 40 acres to grow vegetables" - right in the middle of the parking lot at the Montgomery County Penn State Extension office.
Mobile Ag Ed Science Lab teaches kids about farming
July 22, 2012
- Science is hitting the road in style with the eye-catching Pennsylvania Farm Bureau’s Mobile Ag Ed Science Lab.
Beginning Farmers Learn the Basics at Living on a Few Acres
April 26, 2012
- Thirty five participants from five counties in Southeast Pennsylvania attended the Living on a Few Acres (LOFA) program over a seven week period this spring.
Prepare for Earlier Hay Harvest This Year
April 26, 2012
- The above normal temperatures this spring has sped up the maturity of the hay fields.
DelVal Students Assist in Cover Crop Experiment
April 25, 2012
- Planting an overwintering cover crop sequesters nitrogen, holding it for the next growing season and preventing leaching into ground water.
2012 4-H Snow Ball Dance!
February 3, 2012
- Hosted by Montgomery County 4-H Teen Council
2012 Straw Bale Garden Grant Available Now!
January 30, 2012
- Penn State Extension in Montgomery County is once again offering a mini grant to organizations working with youth and gardening.