Workshop Explains Updated Agriculture Regulations
December 17, 2011
- COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. — The Pennsylvania State Conservation Commission estimates that about 40,000 of the state’s farmers are not in compliance with state agricultural regulations.
Extension Urban Forester Teaches Tree Tender Trainings
December 10, 2011
- Julianne Schieffer, Extension Urban Forester for the Penn State School of Forest Resources teaches Tree Tenders in collaboration with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society.
Snow Damage and Trees - Now What?
November 1, 2011
- If the recent storm caused damage to your trees, the following information may be helpful.
4-H Clubs, Now Enrolling, Cover Variety Of Interests
September 23, 2011
- Montgomery County 4-H clubs are kicking off their new enrollment year. The clubs present a variety of interests and potential career paths that students between the ages of 8 and 18 can follow for both fun and to expand their horizons,
Penn State Extension Offers Dining with Diabetes
September 21, 2011
- Dining with Diabetes is one extension program designed to help people who have been diagnosed with or are at risk for diabetes to understand what they need to know to prevent and manage their diabetes.
Penn State Extension Offers Food Preservation Education
September 9, 2011
- The Penn State Extension Master Food Preserver program brings food preservation information to the public.
MidAtlantic 4-H Farm Credit Awards - Application Available Now!
September 7, 2011
- We are now accepting entries for the annual Farm Credit 4-H Achievement Awards to recognize outstanding accomplishments of 4-H Animal Science club members from Montgomery County for the 2011 year.
MontCo Farming Initiative Aims to Provide Fresh Food for Those in Need
July 8, 2011
- Eating healthy can start with eating fresh. Fresh produce is ideal, but not every family can afford it. The Cultivating Communities Campaign (CCC) is bringing locally grown produce to families in need in Montgomery County.
Producers Get a Crash Course in Social Media
July 7, 2011
- Unlike other Extension programs, where an educator stands in front of a class and lectures, participants got their hands dirty, sort of, and tried their best to make a blog, set up a Facebook page and speak the lingo of a “Tweet.”
The Child Care and Youth Training and Technical Assistance Project
June 22, 2011
- Helping to prepare the children of military families to be successful as they enter the school system.