Can Public Drinking Water Coalitions Make A Difference?
December 6, 2012
- Rural water systems do not typically even connect with nearby water systems that share their watershed upstream or downstream, or with watershed groups that may be working on restoration efforts in their source water areas, or with county planners, etc., but that is beginning to change in PA.
Penn State Extension Assists 548 North Central Private Water Supply Owners
November 13, 2012
PA CleanWays Removes Large Tractor Tires
October 10, 2012
- PA CleanWays arranged for a tractor trailer to move through the county and collect large tractor tires.
Penn State Extension to Provide Free Water Tests for Dairy Farms
October 4, 2012
- Producers successfully enrolled in the free water testing program will be notified and sent a test kit in the mail with sample materials, instructions and a one-page survey about their water supply.
Strengthening Families Program new session
September 20, 2012
- If you have children in the 5th and 6th grade, your family is encouraged to attend these free fun family workshops! SFP 10-14 is for ALL families. Call your local Extension Office to register or click on the link below. Space is limited, so call NOW.
Extension Educators Pie Brings Top Dollar
August 21, 2012
- Peanut Butter Pie sells for $400.00
PA CleanWays Completes Tire Project
July 23, 2012
- Local Extension Educator, Jim Clark, serves as secretary for PA CleanWays of McKean County on July 21st, 2012, 950 tires were recycled.
Dog Obedience Class Funds Donated
July 6, 2012
- Penn State Extension Educator, Jim Clark recently taught a 6 week Basic Dog Obedience Course. $600.00 was generated and donated to McKean County SPCA and the McKean County 4-H Endowment Fund.
Interpreting Water Test Reports Extension Workshop
July 5, 2012
- Interpreting pre-gas drilling water test reports
Farm Safety Advise from Penn State Experts
June 5, 2012
- Three Pennsylvania Manure Handlers were recently killed in a tragic accident involving a manure storage facility. Extension Specialists, Dave Hill, Dennis Murphy and Robert Meinen have shared these following notes, to remind us all to be safe on the farm. Jim Clark, Extension Educator
Can You Read A Drinking Water Test Report?
May 10, 2012
- Penn State Extension taught 94 people how to read and understand their water test reports.
Envirothon Study Day Events
May 8, 2012
- Jim Clark assists at Envirothon Training
Local teens attend 4-H Teen Retreat
April 5, 2012
- Teens attend Teen Retreat
Extension Helps Present Manure Management Training
March 21, 2012
- Training on how to prepare a Manure Management Plan