Less Salt May Lower the Pressure Recipes
Posted: April 4, 2013
Try it! Here is the recipe for a Shaker Spice Blend and for Homemade Spaghetti Sauce.
Shaker Spice Blend for Veggies
- 5 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
Mix and place in shaker.
Sodium: less than 2 mg per teaspoon
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 1-28 ounce can tomato puree
- 1-12 ounce can tomato paste
- 12 ounces water
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 2 stems chopped fresh oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (or 2 stems chopped fresh parsley)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a pan combine all sauce and ingredients. Bring just to a boil. Simmer on low for one hour or until flavor is reached. You may add 1- 2 teaspoons sugar if you like the sauce sweeter. Serve over cooked pasta.
This sauce can be used with chicken or combined with browned, drained and rinsed ground beef.