Northeast Region Winter Educational Meeting for Fruit Growers
Penn State Extension has nine educational meetings planned this winter for tree fruit growers throughout Pennsylvania. The meetings are designed to address current challenges with the latest research based information. The program highlights include:
• Fungicide Resistance Management Strategies for Apple Scab, Powdery Mildew and Brown Rot
• The Impact of BMSB Management on IPM Systems in Fruit Orchards
• Bacterial Spot Management on Stone Fruit
• Managing Perennial and Other Hard-to-Control Weeds in New and Established Pome and Stone Fruit Orchards
• Adjusting Orchard Practices to Climate Changes
• Pesticide Applicator Training
These meetings are a great opportunity for growers to hear from the researchers who are working on the critical issues facing the tree fruit industry. Growers also have a chance to interact with each other and find out what’s going on at other orchards.
If you are a regular participant at your local tree fruit meeting expect an announcement to come in your mail. If you have not attended one of these programs in the past, you may e-mail the contact person to get on the meeting announcement mailing list. If you don’t use e-mail call your local Extension office to get a phone number for the contact person for the meeting nearest you. The registration fees for these programs will be listed in the meeting announcement. Mark your 2013 calendar now and plan to attend the educational meeting in your region.