Reporting an Incident That May Result in a Claim
If an incident happens that you feel may result in a claim, the extension staff person supervising the volunteer should call P.W. Wood and Son, Inc. directly to report the incident. The County Extension Director and Regional Director should also be notified. If possible, when calling the Wood agency, have the volunteer(s) involved with you to answer questions regarding the incident.
An incident is any injury to a person or damage to property that happens during any extension sponsored event or activity. If such an incident happens, it is your responsibility to obtain the name, address, and telephone number of witnesses to the event. This responsibility also applies to extension staff who are involved in the event.
The following instructions should be followed when using the Incident Report Form. Copies of the instructions and report forms should be copied and given to volunteer leaders.
Volunteer Leader Liability and Incident Report Form
Volunteer Leader Responsibility:
- Immediately contact your county extension educator to report incident.
- Complete incident report form and turn in to county extension office within 24 hours, if possible.
Extension Educator Responsibility:
- Immediately contact County Extension Director and Regional Director. Also contact P.W. Wood & Son, Inc. insurance company at 607-266-3303.
- Review incident report form to make sure all information is complete.
- Send copies of the report form to the following:
- P.W. Wood and Son, Inc.
P.O. Box 4798
Ithaca, NY 14852
- CYF Program Leader
323 Ag Administration Building
University Park, PA 16802
- Peggy Janowiak
Risk Management Office
227 West Beaver Avenue
Suite 103, Rider Building II
State College, PA 16801
If an investigation was done by a police department, fire department, or other insurance company, include the name of the department or company and its address so that a copy of the report may be obtained if necessary.