Seafood Corn Chowder
- 1 tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 10oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups reconstituted non-fat dry milk
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated skim milk
- 8-12 oz. imitation crab meat, cubed*
- 1 14 oz. can corn
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
* Or canned salmon
In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion, peppers, celery in oil. Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through.
Makes 6 servings.
Per 1 cup: 230 calories, 18g protein, 4 g fat, 33g carb., 2 g fiber
Source: Soup & Ladle Favorites, 100 Recipes from PA Dietitians, 2002.