Orange Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 orange, peeled, and diced small
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel (zest)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar or Splenda (sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp. water
In small saucepan, combine all ingredients except cornstarch mixture. Bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 4-5minutes, until the cranberries skins begin to pop. Thicken with cornstarch mixture, put in bowl and refrigerate 2-3 hours, serves 12.
1/4 cup servings 24 calories, 0g protein, 0 g fat, 7 carb (with Splenda)., 1 g. fiber
Taken from The Diabetes Holiday Cookbook, C. Leontos, 2002.