- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 Tb. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 Tb. Sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 package, 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1, 4 oz. can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook turkey thru green pepper in nonstick pan over medium heat. When turkey reaches 180°F, (no longer pink) and crumbly, add olives, tomato paste and salsa. Bring to boil and then remove from heat. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray, place tortilla on bottom, top with 1/4 turkey, 1/4 chilies, 1/4 cheese. Repeat process with other tortillas; bake 20 minutes until heated through, let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
274 calories, 18 g. protein, 10 g. fat, 29 g. carb., 3 g. fiber.
Source: The Diabetes Holiday Cookbook, C. Leontos,2002.