Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Understand Coverage Details?
- What is the difference between bronze, silver, gold and platinum plans?
- How will the Affordable Care Act apply to Veterans who sometimes use VA services?
- Can grandchildren being taken care of by grandparents be on our insurance until age 26 and what if we go on Medicare?
- Where can I find out more about how Medicare is impacted by the Affordable Care Act?
- Are all pre-existing conditions allowed?
- Is there anything I need to know about maternity related coverage?
- Will this affect my ability to choose my physician and what he can do for me?
- Are all hospitals supposed to accept any or all insurance?
- How are health insurance and car insurance similar and different?
How Much Will it Cost?
- Where can I find a copy of the most updated version of the Affordable Care Act?
- What will it cost if I don’t get health insurance?
- What and why do I have to pay for health care when I have insurance?
How Do I Prepare to Pay?
- Is there anyone who can help me determine my best health insurance option?
- Is providing insurance required for the employer for anyone who works more than 29 hrs/week?
- Why is there a Health Insurance Marketplace?
- How do I take on a new cost for health insurance when I can barely pay my bills now?
What Do All the New Healthcare Buzzwords Mean?
- Is there a place that explains all the abbreviations and definitions of health insurance plans?
- What is the difference between a premium, a co-pay and and out-of-pocket expense?
- What do EPO, PPO and POS mean?
Disclaimer: The Affordable Care Act contains many complex rules. The materials provided here are for informational purposes. They are intended to help you gain a better understanding about the key provisions of the Affordable Care Act and how they may affect you. The materials are not intended to be a substitute for personalized, professional advice.