Food Allergies Training
Safe Feeding Issues
Food Allergies and Menu Planning for Schools and Child Care
Learn why interest in food allergies and food sensitivities is growing. Develop a food allergy action plan for your site and find healthy menu ideas for snacks and safety of all children. Program time: 1.5-2 hours.
Recommended for child care providers, school food service staff, school nurses, and teachers.
What Food Service Needs to Know
Keep your customers safe from food allergy complications that could be acquired from the food you serve.
Food service managers and all staff are recommended to complete this training encompassing the flow of food from ordering to customer service.
- Define what is an allergy?
- Describe the top 8 food allergens
- Describe one or more ways to control food allergens
- Describe food allergen labeling regulations
- Develop a Food Allergy Action Plan and menu planning for allergen-free foods
- Improve ability to reach food labels for food allergens and food ingredients that may cause intolerance
Download the Course Materials (password protected)
Food Allergy resource materials developed by Lynn James, M.S., R.D., L.D.N., Food, Nutrition and Health Extension Educator, Penn State Extension in Northumberland County, unless otherwise noted.