Mediterranean Cuisine Comes to You
Have you been eager to eat the Mediterranean way, but are not sure where to start? This workshop will involve you in designing and putting the Mediterranean lifestyle into practice in your own life.
You will learn great tasting ways to do this, from food focus segments highlighting Mediterranean food selections to preparing simple, delicious recipes, to learning how you can fuel your life for better health! You will apply the Mediterranean food and health principles to design your own healthy lifestyle, based on Pennsylvania foods.
Classes are offered weekly for four weeks. Each class offers:
- Food demonstrations or hands-on food preparation with recipes provided
- Class Lesson on the Mediterranean Lifestyle
- Useful cooking tips
- Tasting different types of Mediterranean foods, i.e. olive oil, cheeses, vegetables and seasonings
- Discussions among class participants to share ideas
- Meet and hear from local food growers and producers covering topics such as new tasty greens and vegetable preparations, health research, and local cheeses
- Winery tour and tasting as part of last class
For questions about the course, please contact Lynn James.
Purchase Course Curriculum
The "Mediterranean Cuisine Comes to You" curriculum is available for purchase at a cost of $50.
To purchase the curriculum, please contact Mischelle Forgy.