2012 Penn State Extension Open House
Posted: June 8, 2012
Extension Impacts Your Life Every Day,And Here’s How!
Take a family friendly, self-guided tour and stop at all of the display stations to learn about some of the things that Extension can do for you and our community!
We’ll have educators and staff available at different
locations including the:
· Eco-Park- walk and view different trees and wildlife.
· Ag Learning Center- Come see farm animals including sheep, lambs, goats, rabbits, chickens, a calf and even a pig! Great for kids to come learn about animals and agriculture. Also other children’s activities !
· Greenhouses and Trial Gardens- learn about growing vegetables.
· Gardens- including Drought Tolerant and Pollinator-friendly Gardens. Master Gardeners will be available to answer questions and find out about the newest Master Gardener classes available.
We will also have Educators with displays and
· Soil Testing - Benefits and procedures .
· Therapeutic Riding Center -”Where Horses Do the Healing”
· Mosquitoes - West Nile Information and equipment.
· Dairy- You and your children can make butter and learn about other Dairy products.
· 4-H - Run the 4-H Robotics Club’s Robot “Genesis”!
(Other 4-H Clubs will also be represented.)
· Health and Wellness- Strong Women/Growing Stronger Program
Stop by the Green Flag for the start of the Self-Guided Tours! The first 100 people to have their “Extension Passport” Stamped at each location will receive a gift!
View our facebook page for more information! www.facebook.com/FranklinCountyPennStateCooperativeExtension