Other Questions about Registration
Is there a fee to register?
- There is no fee to register
- FDA has advised registrants that registration is easy and free and to be cautious when companies offer to assist with registration for a fee.
How do I register?
- Registrations can be submitted electronically via the Internet, through surface mail on a paper form or a CD-ROM, or through fax
What information Is required?
- Physical address
- Phone number of the facility and parent company, if the facility is a subsidiary
- All trade names the facility uses
- Food product categories (21 CFR 170.3)
- A statement certifying that the information submitted is true and accurate and submitter is authorized to register the facility
- Name and contact information of the person submitting the certification statement
- Name of foreign facility's U.S. agent, if applicable, and the agent's contact information
- Emergency contact information
What will happen if I am required to register my facility but fail to do so?
- Registration is easy, free, and required by law.
- Food manufacturers need to register by December 12, 2003.
- FDA will initially take an educational rather than enforcement approach for the first several months of the regulation.
- However, repeated failures to register can bring a civil action in Federal court or the Federal government can bring a criminal action in Federal court to prosecute persons who are responsible for the commission of a prohibited act.
For help with registration, contact FDA
In the U.S call 1-800-216-7331 or 301-575-0156
From elsewhere call 301-575-0156
Fax questions to 301-210-0247
Email questions to email@example.com
Associate Professor of Food Science
Penn State University