Carryover Considerations for Master Gardener Staff & Coordinators
Upon completing Carryover, all volunteers will need to complete agreements on an annual basis required by their specific program.
Forgotten User IDs and Passwords
FPS accounts allow non-University employees to access certain University resources, including the e-data system. They are provided by Information Technology Services at PSU and are not part of the actual e-data system. They simply make it possible to access it.
If volunteers forget their FPS User IDs or passwords OR are experiencing difficulty resetting their passwords, they will need to obtain assistance from ITS. Please view the instructions posted on the Troubleshooting page for directions on how to refer volunteers to PSU ITS for assistance.
Best Practices for Master Gardeners
Please review the best practices which are listed below . These will assist you getting off to a good start for the 2013 program year.
PY 2013 Master Gardener Best Practices
1. Master Gardener volunteers who were approved in PY 2012 will not need to be re-approved for 2013. Their approvals will be brought into the new year at the time they complete the carryover process. MG volunteers should be encouraged to carryover early in the program year, since they will not be able to use many system features, including activity registration, until they have completed carryover.
2. In PY 2013, volunteers in the Master Gardener program are expected to keep their logs current on a monthly basis. This means that they should log hours and/or training time within 30 days of the date on which they occurred.
Verifying that each of the items listed below has been completed before approving an enrollment is important:
- User’s record contains a completed program registration
- Information in Biographical, Contact Info, and Emergency Contacts is complete and current
- All required agreements have been signed
Master Gardener Logs
You can save your volunteers time and effort by posting upcoming activities for which they can then register. Keep in mind that if staff or coordinators with club/group level access enter meetings and trainings in the system as activities, when volunteers register for those activities, they will be automatically posted to their logs.