- MBA, The Pennsylvania State University, 1996
- M.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Food Science and Technology, 1988
- B.S., the Pennsylvania State University, Microbiology, 1985
- Fifteen years of technical management experience in the food industry with a broad scope of capabilities, including quality system development, regulatory affairs, and operational process analysis and improvement.
- Consulting and teaching experience in Preventive Controls, HACCP, food safety, food defense, food safety audits, and employee training programs.
Certifications and Trainings
- FSMA Preventive Controls - FSPCA approved instructor (2015)
- HACCP - Approved instructor by International HACCP Alliance (2009), Meat and Poultry HACCP (Penn State, 2007), Seafood HACCP (Seafood HACCP Alliance, 2006), Juice HACCP (NFPA, 2001), and HACCP Fundamentals (ABC Research, 1994).
- Food Safety - Approved Instructor (ServSafe by NRA, 2007, and SuperSafeMark by FMI, 2007)
- Audit - SQF Certified Consultant (2009), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (2006)
- Food Defense and Security - Auditor, IFT Food Defense Task Force (2010), Approved instructor for Agricultural and Food Vulnerability and Assessment - a DHS certified training course (2008),
- College of Agricultural Sciences, Staff Laureate Trailblazer Award, 2010