- M.S., Virginia Tech, Food Science and Technology, 2009
- B.S., The Pennsylvania State University, Food Science, 2007
Gardner, D.M., S.E. Duncan, and B.W. Zoecklein. (2017). Aroma Characterization of Petit Manseng Wines Using Sensory Consensus Training, SPME GC-MS, and Electronic Nose Analysis. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 68: 112-119. Link: http://www.ajevonline.org/content/68/1/112
Homich, L.J., J.A. Scheinberg, R.J. Elias, and D.M. Gardner. (2016). Effects of Co-Inoculation on Wine-Quality Attributes of the High-Acid, Red Hybrid Variety Chambourcin. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 67: 245-250. Link: http://www.ajevonline.org/content/67/2/245
Zoecklein, B.W., Y.S. Devarajan, K. Mallikarjunan, and D.M. Gardner. (2011). Monitoring Effects of Ethanol Spray on Cabernet franc and Merlot Grapes and Wine Volatiles Using Electronic Nose Systems. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 62: 351-358
Gardner, D.M., B.W. Zoecklein, and K. Mallikarjunan. (2011). Electronic Nose Analysis of Cabernet Sauvignon (Vitis vinifera L.) Grape and Wine Volatile Differences during Cold Soak and Post Fermentation. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 62: 81-90.
Devarajan, Y.S., B.W. Zoecklein, K. Mallikarjunan, and D.M. Gardner. (2011). Electronic Nose Evaluation of the Effects of Canopy Side on Cabernet franc (Vitis vinifera L.) Grape and Wine Volatiles. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 62: 73-80.
Gardner, D. and B.W. Zoecklein. (2009). Electronic Nose Analysis on the Effect of Prefermentation Cold Soak of Vitis vinifera L. cv. Cabernet Sauvignon Grape and Wine Volatiles. In Abstracts from Presentations at the ASEV 60th Annual Meeting 23-26 June 2009, Napa, CA. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 60(3): 387A.
Gardner, D.M. (2008). Innovative Packaging for the Wine Industry: A Look at Wine Closures. In Italian Trade Commission and UCIMA 2008 Italian Packaging Technology Award Reports. http://www.iopp.org/files/public/GardnerVaTechWineClosures.pdf
Bauerle, T.L., D.M. Eissenstat, J. Granett., D.M. Gardner, and D.R. Smart. (2007). Consequences of Insect Herbivory on Grape Fine Root Systems with Different Growth Rates. Plant, Cell, and Environment. 30(7): 786-795.
- Sensory Scientist, Enartis Vinquiry (Napa, CA)
- Tasting Room Employee, Manatawny Creek Winery (Douglassville, PA)
- Tasting Room Employee, Mt. Nittany Winery (Centre Hall, PA)
- Student Researcher, Lallemand (Toulouse, France)
- Penn State Food Industry Group Student Leadership Award, 2007
- Outstanding Master's Student Award for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2008
- Best Student Enology Paper Award for ASEV-Eastern Competition, 2008
- Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) Certification, 2013
- Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET), Level 3 Certified, 2015
- College of Agricultural Sciences, Staff Laureate Trailblazer Award, 2015
- Extension Director's Collaboration & Partnership Award, 2016