Get Your Plate in Shape This National Nutrition Month
March 7, 2012
- During National Nutrition Month® and beyond, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association) encourages everyone to include healthy foods from all food groups through this year's theme: "Get Your Plate in Shape."
Spring Coming Early to Pennsylvania’s Woods?
March 2, 2012
- Across much of Pennsylvania, it has been a different winter. It has been a winter of little snow and scarce cold weather. Some will recall it as a great winter; others might wonder what it means, especially to our woodlands.
February 22, 2012
- Vernal ponds are a significant component of Pennsylvania's natural heritage and provide critical habitat for a unique set of species adapted to seasonal wet and dry periods such as salamanders, frogs, and fairy shrimp.
2012 Dauphin County 4-H Summer Camps
February 16, 2012
- Experience 4-H for the summer, Dauphin County 4-H will be offering several day camps for students ages 6 - 12. Come and join us for this summer camp program and learn skills that will last a lifetime.
4-H Stream Teams Make an Impact
February 3, 2012
- In 2010, youth in Pennsylvania’s Dauphin, Lebanon, and Lancaster Counties were invited to be part of a unique opportunity: a chance to learn, hands-on, about the water in their own community and how their daily lives impact that water. This is the mission of the 4-H Stream Teams Program, currently beginning its third year within the Conewago Creek Watershed and surrounding communities.
A New Year’s Resolution Worth Keeping
January 3, 2012
- Holiday activities are over and the last present has been unwrapped and our attention is now turned to New Year’s resolutions. Millions of Americans make resolutions each year.