Pesticide Applicator Short Course - York County
Posted: August 20, 2012
The Pesticide Applicator Short Course prepares professionals to take the certified pesticide applicator exam in Core and Categories 06, 07, and 23. Exams are offered (at an additional fee) on October 22, 2012.
Students should attend three or four days of training, depending on the license(s) they wish to obtain. Core training is held on October 15, 16, and 19, and is required for all licenses. See the section below, "What Days of Training Should I Attend?" to determine when you will need to attend class.
What Days of Training Should I Attend?
Students should attend three or four days certification training, depending on the certification(s) they wish to obtain. Core training is required for all certifications.
• Core Training: October 15, 16, & 19
• Category 06: October 16 & 19
• Category 07: October 18
• Category 23: October 16 and 19
• Categories 06 & 07: Attend all four days.
Certification Examination Training Packets
Training packets are NOT INCLUDED in the course fee. All students are responsible for bringing core and category certification examination training packets to class. See the section below, "What Study Packets Should I Get?” Order training packets in advance and bring them with you to the course.
What Training Packets Should I Get?
• Core Basic Pesticide Safety - All students must take the core exam. Order
• Category 06: Ornamental & Shade Trees - For those who maintain landscape
beds or trees. Order PEP-06.
• Category 07: Lawn & Turf - For those who make pesticide applications to
turfgrass areas. Order PEP-07.
• Category 23: Parks & Schools Pest Control - For municipal, park, or school
employees responsible for a variety of pesticide applications. Order PEP-23.
If you are unsure of the category you need, contact the PA Department of Agriculture at 717-346-3223 to ask what category is best for your work situation.
Training Packets Ordering Information
Ordering information is available online at
http://www.pested.psu.edu/resources/facts/packets.pdf/view or by calling Penn State Publications Distribution Center toll-free at 1-877-345-0691.
*Below is a registration brochure.